Pet Boarding Info & Rates
Scroll to see more about our boarding rates and more!
We proudly serve the pets of San Antonio, TX, and beyond.
At Cowboy Kennels, we get a ton of interesting questions from pet parents. Below are some common FAQs that might help answer any questions or concerns. Please feel free to call us at 210-822-1166 for any other concerns you might have about your pet.
What are your hours?
We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am through 6:00 pm. Saturday 9:00 am through 3:00 pm and Sunday 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
Who can I call after-hours for my pet?
What are your holiday hours?
We will be closed Friday, December 24th and Saturday, December 25th for Christmas and closed the following week Friday, December 31st, and Saturday, January 1 2021 for New Years. During this time, no pick-ups/drop-offs will be accepted.
What are your drop-off hours?
What vaccines/ medical are required for my pet?
Please, remember: All vaccine records must be from a licensed veterinarian. We will contact your veterinarian to obtain all vaccines given.
We reserve the right to deny admittance to pets lacking proof of vaccinations, and/or pets displaying signs of untreated or potentially contagious conditions.
Upon admission for services, your signature of contract acknowledges your awareness and acceptance of our policies.
- We assume every pet is flea-free.
- If we notice your pet has fleas, a Capstar will be given for $8.00.
- We administer medications for $3 per day.
- CIV vaccine (Canine Influenza): Initial vaccines, then booster 2-4 weeks after. Annual after that.
We require both the CIV H3N8 and H3N2 to board at Cowboy Kennels.
- DHLPP and Rabies (1 or 3 year version)
Bordetella within the last 6 months (alternating between nasal and injection is preferred)
- Annual exams and heartworm tests are recommended for all dogs.
- Rabies and FVRCP within the last year.
- Leukemia is recommended.
Do you offer additional services that come with boarding?
Yes, we do. All dogs are taken outside three times a day for exercise with an attendant. Extra playtime and walks are available for an additional fee.
What are your prices for boarding?
- Serenity Room (Toy Breeds up to 11lbs): $32 per night
- 11lbs – 24lbs: $36 per night
- 25lbs – 50lbs: $38 per night
- 51+lbs: $40 per night
2nd dog from the same family in the same run receives a 25% discount.
- $30 per night
- Double Cat Kennel – $40
2nd cat from the same family in the same condo receives a 25% discount.
What is included in the Luxury Lodging Suite for Dogs?
In addition to a cool kept kennel area, raised Kuranda bed, automatic water bowl, and mounted food bowls, our Luxury Lodging Suite for Dogs carry:
- 4′ x 7′ enclosure with a camera so you can see your pet 24/7
- Colorful mural and signature bedding
- A full bath as well as ear cleaning and nail trimming on the day your companion departs our facility
- 3 outside playtimes and an evening treat
Suites are $55 a night, 2nd dog from same family in same run receives a 25% discount
What additional services do you provide?
Walks – $20/day
Started first thing in the morning (30min)
Extra 15 minute playtime – $12/day
Extra playtime with attendant or outside
Baths for dogs – by size and fur type starting at $34
Click here for bath package information.
Do you offer daycare (day boarding)?
Yes, we offer daycare. Daycare includes two playtimes for both dogs and cats and an afternoon snack.
- Up to 20 lbs: $30 per day
- Over 20 lbs: $35 per night
- $20 per day
*25% Discount given for 2nd dog/cat from the same family in the same run/kennel.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept cash, checks and major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard and Amex). Please remember payment is due in full at check-out.
Do you sell any pet merchandise?
Yes, we sell dog beds, leashes, collars, harnesses, keychains, lanyards, T-shirts, and dog toys!